I will start with the installation of XRDP and go through the changes.
- Install xrdp tigervnc-server on your RHEL/CentOS7 box
2. Start xrdp service and enable at boot
user@computer:$ systemctl start xrdp
3. Allow 3389 through the firewall and reload firewall
user@computer:$ firewall-cmd --reload
4. Configure SELinux ( I did not need to perform this step)
user@computer:$ chcon --type=bin_t /usr/bin/xrdp-sesman
5. Edit the xrdp.ini file located at the /etc/xrdp/xrdp.ini
6. Comment out the line that says “Channel_code=1” Here is a example of the .ini file after the change is made
Just a FYI also some of these commands I did not come up with and where figured out from other blogs. Which when I get permission from the owners I will post here.
That being said this is my first post into some real enterprise level Linux! If you have any tip or tricks as i go down the RHEL CentOS path let me know!
Resources i used: