A new design startup wants to get a basic infrastructure running. They are expecting to grow over the next 5 years and want to have space to expand 20% year over year. Since they are a design firm they will be using a lot of storage, we will plan for 1TB of raw data a year. The new office only has room for 1 rack in the IDF and the company wants to cut down on power consumption and equipment costs. Backup is important and the client would like to utilize a service that they can recover their VM’s from the cloud.
Business requirements are simple but important
- Must fit in a single rack
- Must have cloud backup and recovery method.
- Can fit 20 VM’s and have growth for 20% year over year
- Use as little equipment as possible.
- 1TB of raw data for the first year